Hey everyone! I have looked at my most viewed blog posts and I noticed a few things that some of these posts had in common, so I thought it would be helpful to write a post about it. Please follow me if you aren’t already and enjoy!
The first and one of the most obvious thing is to include pictures in your posts. People are more likely to click on your post if it has pictures. Even if it is something simple, try to include pictures.
2. Clever Name
One of my most popular posts is: My Face Costs $400?!? As you can tell, this name draws attention and makes people interested. In this post I added up how much a full face of my makeup costs. Instead of naming this, Adding Up How Much a Full Face of Makeup Costs, I named it something that would draw more attention.
3. Aimed Towards Bloggers
I get a lot of views on these types of posts, where you show your experience and try to help other bloggers. Some of these posts include What I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging and 50 Blog Post Ideas. Anything that can help bloggers get more views or get ideas will be popular.
4. New and Recent
Make sure that your posts aren’t focused on something old, make them be about something new and exciting that people want to know more about. For example, I did reviews when I first started my blog. I did a post about a concealer but it wasn’t very popular. More recently I did a review on the Glow Recipe Watermelon Mask and Moisturizer and that was pretty popular because the product is popular.
5. Something You Like
Make sure that you write about something that you like, not just something that is popular. When you enjoy what you are writing about and you are being yourself, it not only makes it more enjoyable for you but also your reader.
6. Interact With Other Bloggers
If you want people to support your blog, it is helpful and considerate if you support others as well. Find blogs on twitter and read or comment on their posts. This is a great way to be supportive of others and make online friends. It also helps get your blog views because people will repay the favor.
Those were the main things that your blog posts should include but I have a few more tips, so here they are.
- Advertise – You have to advertise about your blog posts on social media. Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter are all places that I advertise my posts on.
- Tags – Use hashtags on social media and on your blogging platform to attract more attention.
- Individual – Be individual. Don’t just copy people’s ideas, try to come up with post ideas on your own, that way they will be original.
- Enjoy them – Make sure you actually enjoy writing them. It will show through on your writing when you are yourself and people will enjoy it more.
- Leave a question – Leave a question at the end of your posts to encourage the reader to comment.
Those are all of my tips on how to get more views on a blog post. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed! -Briana
Question: What is one tip you would give to get more views?